It is my greatest privilege to help patients build their families in diverse and creative ways. With the help of my team, I endeavor to provide compassionate, individualized and in depth care to all patients.
Iris Insogna, MD earned her BA at Yale University in Anthropology and Theatre Studies, then went on to earn her medical degree and master of bioethics at the University of Pennsylvania. She completed her residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at Harvard Medical School's Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. She stayed on to complete her fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women's Hospital. She is committed to providing personalized, compassionate care to each patient. Her research interests include bioethics, improving access to care, LGBTQIA+ fertility, and third party reproduction, including the use of donor egg, donor sperm and gestational carriers. She is interested in embryo development and preimplantation genetic testing as well.
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Assisted Reproduction
- Donor Egg
- Egg (oocyte) Freezing
- Egg Donation
- Elective Egg Freezing
- Female Infertility
- Fertility Assessment
- Fertility Preservation
- Infertility Assessment
- Infertility Screening and Diagnosis
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Male Infertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Reproductive Medicine
- Semen Analysis
- Third Party Reproduction
- Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology at CUMC
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Schedule an Appointment
Virtual Visits allow you to connect with your provider from the comfort, convenience, and safety of your own home.
New and Existing Patients:
- Aetna Signature Administrators
- Medicare Managed Care
- NYP Employee Plan
- NY Signature
- Student Health
- Great West (National)
- Medicare Managed Care
- Select Care (Exchange)
Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Local 1199
Oxford Health Plans
- Compass (Exchange)
- Empire Plan
*Please contact the provider’s office directly to verify that your particular insurance is accepted.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- Residency: Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital
- Fellowship: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Honors & Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Gold Humanism Honor Society, Harvard Medical School
- Student Teaching Award three times, Harvard Medical School Humanism Award
For a full list of publications, visit PubMed.
- Insogna IG, Lanes A, Ginsburg ES, Racowsky C. Quality of embryos on day 7 after medium refreshment on day 6: a prospective trial. Human Reproduction. Hum Reprod. 2021 Feb 22; online ahead of print. PMID: 33615379
- Insogna IG, Lanes A, Lee MS, Ginsburg ES, Fox JH. Association of fresh embryo transfers compared with cryopreserved-thawed embryo transfers with live birth rate among women undergoing assisted reproduction using freshly retrieved donor oocytes. JAMA. 2021;325(2):156–163. PMID: 33433574.
- Insogna IG, Lanes A, Hariton E, Blake-Lamb T, Schilling S, Hornstein MD. Self-reported barriers to accessing infertility care: patient perspectives from urban gynecology clinics. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2020 Dec; 37(12):3007-3014. PMID: 33244666.
- Insogna IG, Ginsburg ES, Srouji S. Fertility Preservation for Adolescent Transgender Male Patients: A Case Series. Journal of Adolescent Health. 2020 Jan 27. PMID 32001141.
- Insogna IG, Ginsburg ES. Infertility, Inequality, and How Lack of Insurance Coverage Compromises Reproductive Autonomy. AMA Journal of Ethics. 2018 Dec;20(12):E1152-1159. PMID: 30585578
- Insogna IG, Ginsburg ES. Transferring embryos with indeterminate PGD results: the ethical implications. Fertility Research and Practice, 2016. Feb;2(2). PMID: 28620529.