Society of Gynecologic Oncology hosts first hybrid meeting
Numerous faculty, fellows, residents, and medical students from Columbia University presented at this year's Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) 2022 Annual Meeting on Women’s Cancer, which took place in a hybrid format from March 18-21, 2022. A comprehensive forum for the subspecialty of gynecologic oncology, the meeting was held in person in Phoeniz, Ariz. and also open to virtual attendees.
The hybrid format marks the first time in three years there has been an in-person component to the event, which brings together subspecialists in gynecologic oncology for cutting-edge education, multidisciplinary networking and inspiring special events. The event also offers the opportunity to network with physicians, researchers, allied health professionals, and other practitioners; learn new techniques that can be applied to day-to-day practice; and get energized to deliver excellent patient care.
All of the Columbia-affiliated scientific presentations featured at the meeting are displayed below.
- Black and Hispanic patient representation in NCCN-recommended systemic therapy regimens for endometrial cancer – Amita Kulkarni, Helen Daifotis, Alexander Melamed, Jospeh Dottino, Jason Wright, Fady Khoury-Collado, June Hou, Caryn St. Clair, Allison Gockley
- Genomic alterations, molecularly targeted therapy and race: Real world data from the Endometrial Cancer Molecularly Targeted Therapy Consortium – Angeles Alverez Secord, Bhavana Pothuri, Floor Backes, Allison Gockley, Jason Wright et al
- Neighborhood economic vulnerability as a predictor for patterns of care and outcomes for people with uterine cancer – Charlotte Gamble, Youngmei Huang, James Quinn, Alexander Melamed, Andrew Rundle, Jason Wright
- Uptake and survival outcomes of sentinel lymph node mapping in squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva – Shayan Dioun, Ling Chen, Alexander Melamed, Allison Gockley, Caryn St. Clair, June Hou, Fady Khoury-Collado, Jason Wright
- Uptake and survival outcomes of sentinel lymph node mapping in vulvar melanoma– Shayan Dioun, Ling Chen, Alexander Melamed, Allison Gockley, Caryn St. Clair, June Hou, Fady Khoury-Collado, Jason Wright
- The role of neighborhood socioeconomic status in mediating Black-White racial disparitied in endometrial cancer incidence and survival – Anastasia Navitski, J Alejandro Rauh-Hain, Jason Wright, Alexander Melamed
- Loss to Follow-up associated with prolonged cervical cancer screening intervals – Amita Kulkarni, Ling Chen, Allison Gockley, Fady Khoury- Collado, June Hou, Caryn St. Clair, Alexander Melamed, Dawn Hershman, Jason Wright
- Trends in Use of Estrogen Replacement Therapy for Premenopausal Women with Gynecologic Cancer After Surgical Menopause – Yukio Suzuki, Yongmei Huang, Alexander Melamed, June Hou, Caryn St. Clair, Allison Gockley, Fady Khoury-Collado, Dawn Hershman, Jason D. Wright